Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Imperial Fist Updates part 1

Besides working on the necrons, I've also been working on my own army. Here's some updates on the work I've done on these guys:

Start with the "Guppies" (Stormtalon gunships). These are airbrushed in a similar fashion to the drop pods. Still need to finish all details and the yellow armour:
The normal variant

This is the "Shark" variant. Has some minor conversions.

I also scratch built a Thunderfire Cannon for my Techmarine to man. Made from various bits and base coated right now. 

More soon! Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Necron Project Update

Still been working on the Necron project. Have all of the basic troops assembled and most of them based with Leadbelcher. I decided to use a green wash instead of the black wash, and it turned out quite nicely.

With this project, I'll be using nothing but the airbrush and some citadel paints. The paints generally airbrush pretty well, once thinned properly. I generally thin with rubbing alcohol, which makes the citadel paint go on nicely. 

Once I'm done with the troops, I'll post a how to on speed painting these guys, which will hopefully be of use you you. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Necron Project

Been working on quite a bit, just haven't posted about it. I'll get back into it now that it's summer.

The big project I just took on is painting a necron army for a friend. Probably around 1700 points of dudes, there's quite a bit to paint. I'll be airbrushing most of it. This'll give me some great practice with the airbrush, as well as getting some great experience painting necrons.

The collection :)

Started with a test model, only took me maybe 15 min or so (not including paint changing time, etc.). Sent both versions to my buddy, waiting for a response on his preference. 

More updates coming soon.