Wednesday, April 8, 2015

First sculpture of many

So, it's a new year, time to get back on the project horse. I'll be updating quite often, and with material I think you'll all enjoy. Sculpture and metal have always been close to my heart and with an opening in my school schedule I can finally get back to making sculptures.



As usual, it starts with a recycled copper frame which I solder using a torch. This is my favorite part, I just love working with copper.



Lately I've been using a laser cutter to carve out patterns into leather for the wings of these guys. It's really a neat process, going from a black and white drawing to something physical you can hold. It also allows for some really incredible details.


The finished piece turned out well. Now to mount it!





No comments:

Post a Comment